Senior Android Developer (f/m/x)
The Bosch eBike / COBI.Bike Software Team is looking for a passionate & experienced Android Developer who is enthusiastic about connected mobility and hungry to take on development responsibilities on a new app at our rapidly growing start-up. Our team works full-stack across embedded, mobile (iOS & Android) and the cloud to ensure a seamless interplay of hardware and software.
The candidate lives & breathes Android and will work within a cross-functional team along UX designers, to meet the highest levels of value and quality for our customers.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED:
- Participate in the design process for new app features, frameworks
- Explore specific opportunities to improve the experience on Android
- Implement code according to API and UI designs. Optimize the application for performance, scalability and compatibility across the Android device landscape.
- Create and maintain a suite of automated tests (unit, integration and end-to-end)
- Take ownership for aspects of the build pipeline, release and deployment lifecycle
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- At least 4 years of experience as an Android Developer.
- Full proficiency in Kotlin.
- Strong understanding about Android SDK, knowing how to use which API to build optimal apps in terms of runtime performance and memory management.
- You care about the quality of the code. You love writing clean code while still able to understand the need of moving fast. You pride yourself on clean API design.
- Experience with MVVM/MVP, Clean Architecture and Android Jetpack.
- Understand the advantages of a reactive and unidirectional data flow.
- Bonus: Experience juggling around with Kotlin Coroutines.
- Experience with building adaptive layouts, fluid UI animations, and custom views.
- Experience with writing maintainable, and readable unit tests.
- Bonus: Experience with JUnit, AssertJ, and Mockk.
- Ability to conduct nice, respectful, constructive yet efficient code reviews.
- Bonus: Experience in functional programming. You understand the importance of immutability, pure functions, and efficient state management.
- BS/BA in Computer Science or Software Engineering, or equivalent experience.
PERKS AT WORK
Creative, multilingual environment and a culture that is supportive, dynamic and encourages professional growth
Competitive salary, great Apple IT equipment, regular team events and celebrations
E-Bikes for private testing purposes and company leased bike possible
Development budget for every employee, a nice office in the heart of Frankfurt am Main
Market-proven and fast growing company with the security of a large corporate
30 vacation days, relocation and visa service for international candidates